GREENING OF ARKANSAS GRANT PROGRAM
Visitors take notes as they tour the Legacy Garden, a water conservation and butterfly habitat demonstration garden in Conway, which was created and maintained by the Faulkner County Master Gardeners with help from a Greening of Arkansas grant in 2011.
The Arkansas Flower & Garden Show is dedicated to improving the lives of Arkansans by providing funding for community beautification projects through the Greening of Arkansas grant program.
- The Greening of Arkansas grant program was started in 2006 and is funded by proceeds from the annual Arkansas Flower and Garden Show.
- More than $75,000 has been given to communities to beautify public areas such as parks, community entrances, and schools.
- Grants are awarded to non-profit and civic groups for beautification projects on public land.
- Grant amounts are up to $2500, and 50% of the funds must be used for plant material (trees, shrubs, and flowers.)
- Grant applications are available in late summer and early fall with awards made the following spring.
- Applications are available here when the grant cycle is open.